Story Archive

Buttheads

A house fire in North Portland, Ore., caused $30,000 in damage, and fire officials are blaming the blaze on the occupants: they used a hole in the floor as an ashtray. When one of them called to report the fire, he hung up on the emergency dispatcher, and then refused to take the dispatcher’s call-back attempts. “That’s not careless smoking,” Fire Dept. spokesman Paul Corah said, “that’s stupid smoking.” (JW/Portland Oregonian) ...There’s smart smoking?
Original Publication Date: 13 February 2011
This story is in True’s book collections, in Volume 17.
Previous: Bad Samaritans

Search for:

Category: