Story Archive

Don’t Get Burned

A Colorado Springs, Colo., man, was hospitalized when flames shot out of his fireplace while he was trying to clean it. According to fire Lt. Tom Ruane, the man was using an aerosol cleaner to clean his gas fireplace when “a big fireball” shot out of it, enveloping his head. That may have been because the fireplace was lit while he was cleaning it. The unnamed man was treated for second-degree burns to his face. (MS/Colorado Springs Gazette) ...Unfortunately for society, there are no effective treatments for stupidity.
Original Publication Date: 16 January 2011
This story is in True’s book collections, in Volume 17.
Previous: I’ll Just Bet

Search for:

Category: