This is True is a weekly email newsletter created by online publishing pioneer Randy Cassingham which reports on bizarre-but-true news items from legitimate news outlets from around the world. Each brief story ends with a comment — a tagline on the story which is humorous, ironic, or opinionated (or with luck, some combination of the three).
The 12 Weirdest Stories of 2017
Upon activating your free subscription (you’ll get an email to verify you really own the address entered, and must click a link inside to complete that verification), you can instantly download a free copy of This is True’s Weirdest Stories of 2017 — a PDF (a quick download: just 331K) presenting the best story from each month of the year, and Randy’s choice of the best of all of them, with some extra commentary. It’s a great introduction to the kind of stories that True features, and you’re welcome to share it with friends.
Here’s the subscribe form:
Your Privacy is Randy's Policy
Newsletter Comes Out Each Friday Evening.
Thought-Provoking Entertainment Since 1994
Confirmation Required: Check Your Email
Thanks much for your interest.
If You Saw Our Ad on Facebook…
We’ve been getting questions about the photo in the ad: everyone wants to know, what’s the story behind it?
Well, here’s the photo; click it to see the story. (There’s a subscribe form on that page, too….)
Media Reaction to This is True
- “All the News That’s Not Fit to Print.” –Newsweek
- “The kind of news items that keep comedians and commentators in business.” –Washington Post
- “How did he get so popular so fast? Well, for one thing, he writes funny stuff.” –New York Times
- “Cassingham is a humorist for the Information Age, an Internet-savvy satirist and social commentator. The Jay Leno of Cyberspace.” –Los Angeles Times
- “And now for something completely different.” –CNN Morning News
- “The [David] Letterman of the ’net.” –CityTV Toronto
- Hot Site: “Randy Cassingham has a passion for the truth. And you’ll never believe the stuff he’s dug up…. Truly stranger than fiction.” –USA Today
- “With so many rumours doing the rounds on the Net, it’s often hard to sort the fact from the fiction. Randy Cassingham has made it his mission in life to bring unusual stories to the attention of a Net-using audience.” –London Daily Telegraph
- “Livens up the week with bizarre-but-true news.” –Playboy
- “Truly valuable.” –Salon