Where There’s Smoke, There’s FireA Greyhound bus on a 21.5-hour route between New York, N.Y., and Atlanta, Ga., had to pull over in Virginia when the driver smelled smoke. The 28 passengers quickly evacuated. Firefighters traced the problem to the luggage compartment under the bus: a stowaway had climbed in, and apparently got bored: he lit a cigarette. Jason Pittman, 35, of Plainfield, N.J., was flown to a Washington D.C. hospital in critical condition. He is expected to survive. (RC/Washington Post) ...Good — then the lesson wasn’t wasted.
This story is in True’s book collections, in Volume 21.
Is There a Problem on This Page? Let Me Know using the Help button lower right, and thanks.
I believe humanity is held back by the lack of thinking. I provoke thought with examples of what happens when we don’t think, and when we do. This is True is my primary method: stories like this come out every week by email, and basic subscriptions are free. Click here for a subscribe form.