Thousands of Stories and Headlines
The complete archive of This is True stories is not online. This page links to a selection of stories from the past; to see them “all” you need to check out my book collections. The “True Year” goes from July through June, and each book has a year of stories.
Currently viewable online is the full text from various stories, as detailed below. They are searchable (see below, not the “Search” box at the top of the page), or you can scroll through them — see the links to the titles to the left (previous) or right (next) of the “Archive Home” link at the top of the frame on any story page.
What’s Available Online
You can currently see a list of the stories and headlines in…
- Volume 19, This is True: Man on Singles Holiday Finds Himself Alone (2012-2013)
- Volume 20, This is True: Stolen Prosthetic Arm Discovered in Second Hand Shop (2013-2014)
- Volume 21, This is True: Drunk Man Says Dog Drove Him to the Store (2014-2015)
There are “some” stories online from earlier volumes, too:
- Volume 1, This is True: Deputy Kills Man With Hammer (1994-1995)
- Volume 2, This is True: Glow-in-Dark Plants Could Help Farmers (1995-1996)
- Volume 3, This is True: Pit Bulls Love You, Really (1996-1997)
- Volume 4, This is True: Artificial Intelligence Like Real Thing (1997-1998)
- Volume 5, This is True: Cost of Being Poor Rising (1998-1999)
- Volume 6, This is True: Platform Shoes Claim Another Life (1999-2000)
- Volume 7, This is True: Committee Names Committee (2000-2001)
- Volume 8, This is True: Invisible Man Disappears From View (2001-2002)
- Volume 9, This is True: Science Confirms: Politicians Lie (2002-2003)
- Volume 10, This is True: Whale Flatulence Stuns Scientists (2003-2004)
- Volume 11, This is True: Chicken Ticketed for Crossing the Road (2004-2005)
- Volume 12, This is True: Teen Sex Survey Reveals Lying Is Rampant in Teen Sex Surveys (2005-2006)
- Volume 13, This is True: Much of the Adult Population Are Poor Role Models (2006-2007)
- Volume 14, This is True: Official Statistics Say Don’t Trust Official Statistics (2007-2008)
- Volume 15, This is True: Man Arrested after Chicken Was Found in Pants (2008-2009)
- Volume 16, This is True: One-Legged Suspect Caught with One Stolen Shoe (2009-2010)
- Volume 17, This is True: Police Charge One-Armed Man with Unarmed Robbery (2010-2011)
- Volume 18, This is True: Man Exposes Himself at Association for the Blind (2011-2012)
…And more volumes are pending.
While there is a Search box in the navbar at the top of the page, it doesn’t search these archive stories — that would quickly make the search results unwieldy. The following search box searches only the archive stories so that you get more expected results.