Story Archive

Learn This Valuable Lesson

Kevin Long said he hoped that telling his brother’s sad story might help others from making the same mistake. His brother, David Long, 32, was having sex with Violet Iles, 25, in his car near his Glencoe, Ky., home. It was cold that night, about 40 degrees (4.5C), so he left the engine running. Due to a leaky exhaust pipe, carbon monoxide infiltrated the passenger compartment and killed the couple. “I pulled him out and I tried to do CPR on him, and the paramedics tried to talk me through it over the phone,” Kevin Long said, but it was too late. (RC/WCPO Cincinnati) ...Noted: always carefully check your exhaust pipe prior to sex.
Original Publication Date: 14 June 2015
This story is in True’s book collections, in Volume 21.

Is There a Problem on This Page? Let Me Know using the Help button lower right, and thanks.

I believe humanity is held back by the lack of thinking. I provoke thought with examples of what happens when we don’t think, and when we do. This is True is my primary method: stories like this come out every week by email, and basic subscriptions are free. Click here for a subscribe form.

Search for: