Story Archive

Meat Head

A North Knoxville, Tenn., woman wanted to cook a brisket over an open flame. It didn’t work out well for the brisket — or the fiberglass bathtub she put the wood-burning grill in, inside her apartment. The tub melted. Firefighters put out the fire with equipment at hand: the showerhead. (AC/Knoxville News Sentinel) ...So the woman could have extinguished it herself, if she’d been up to using any kind of head.
Original Publication Date: 31 July 2016
This story is in True’s book collections, in Volume 22.

Is There a Problem on This Page? Let Me Know using the Help button lower right, and thanks.

I believe humanity is held back by the lack of thinking. I provoke thought with examples of what happens when we don’t think, and when we do. This is True is my primary method: stories like this come out every week by email, and basic subscriptions are free. Click here for a subscribe form.

Search for: