Episode #43: So She’s Loadin’ Up the Truck for a Move to Bev-er-lyyyyy — from True’s 29 March 2009 issue.
It’s so sad to see how people just can’t take an obvious joke. (Say, like on a site called Jumbo Joke!) There was a political item today, and it resulted in a lot of whining — and protest unsubscribes.
Episode #23: “Big Brother is Watching YOU”. From True’s 9 November 2008 issue.
I got a fascinating letter from a reader about a story that really adds to it. First, the story from the 28 September 2008 issue:
Episode #15: A Politician Voters Deserve (aka, Ode to the “Little People”). From True’s 14 September 2008 issue.
I continue to be astounded at the number of people who choose to be offended by things that don’t exist. I refer this time to a story in the 31 August 2008 issue about the Republican vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin:
Something fairly funny happened with a recent video, which was about a homophobe politician running for re-election while under the cloud of felony indictments over his first election.
Episode #7: Comical County Commissioner. From True’s 20 July 2008 issue.
Two stories this week have photos: the sexy mayor of Arlington, Ore., and the idiot robber using a bottle of cologne as a weapon.
First, the moron.
Another fun story that’s made even more fun by seeing the photos involved:
We have now left Lhasa, Tibet, and we discovered that this was quite an interesting time to be here, politically speaking.
Jerry Falwell died this week. There’s quite a bit of traffic coming into my page where I dubbed Falwell one of the American Taliban in disgust over his using the 9/11 terrorist attacks to further his own agenda. I followed some of those links back to the blogs which were quoting me, with titles such as “JERRY FALWELL IS DEAD. Good.” and I’m glad he is dead. Indeed there were so many that I Googled the combination of “Cassingham” and “Falwell” …and got a couple of hundred hits.
After tagging a story with “Cassingham’s Second Law”, I got a pile of email asking me to post what my first law was. So here you go.
I have something to say about last week’s story “about the vice president” (as most people are terming it):
Midterm elections are being held in the U.S. on November 7. Midterms, which are called that because they are for open seats in the federal House of Representatives and Senate but not the President, tend to have low voter turnouts. That is a huge mistake. If you’re a U.S. citizen (and 85 percent of my readers are in the U.S.), I urge you to vote. Certainly, the other 15 percent of my readers care that you do.
Speaking of pointing out the foibles of politicians (as I did in last week’s entry), and speaking of political correctness, last week’s story about the U.K. Member of Parliament who called people in his district “inbred” brought quite a few comments, with most being hard on me.
A fair number of governmental bodies have a minister say a prayer at the start of official meetings — an invocation. When criticized by those who favor a true separation of church and state, they often insist that the invocation is not really religious. So what happens when an atheist is invited to give an invocation?
Ronald Reagan died last week. I didn’t happen to mention that fact in last Friday’s free edition — which “naturally” brought a grumpy complaint from Jeffrey in Florida: